The main aim of the project is to promote winter sports not only as physical activity,but also as educational tool to support social inclusion, intercultural dialogue and European citizenship among young people from different backgrounds by development and implementation of “Winter Sports Program”
From long-term perspective, aim of the project is to increase participation of young people in Winter Sports and create model of camp that will include elements of non-formal education methods and can be implemented by other sport organizations in the future.
There will be several activities and meetings during next 2 years:
- kick-off meeting in Bratislava, Slovakia (April 2019) 3 people per country
- research on existing national and European Winter Sports good practices (May –August 2019)
- Preparation of Winter Sports Camp (September – November 2019)
- Mid-term meeting in Sardinia (December 2019)
- Winter Sports Camp in each country (January – March 2020)
- Preparation of publication and other promotion materials for other sport clubs
or institutions (April – August 2019)
- Final Conference in Sofia, Bulgaria (September 2019)
The project was developed by partnership of 3 NGOs from Slovakia (ADEL), Italy (Mine Vaganti), Bulgaria (Bulgarian Sports Development Association) and Ski Club Rijeka from Croatia. Composed consortium presents innovative aspect of the project due cooperation of organizations experienced in the educational use of sport and by sport club itself. Therefore project provides synergy between Winter Sport practice and non-formal education (with a specific focus on the educational use of sport).
Impact on young people taking part in the camp will be the following:
– knowledge about various Winter Sports.
– improved physical fitness and participation in physical activity, particularly in Winter Sports.
– increased attitudes of tolerance, intercultural dialogue and relational skills.
– acquisition of soft skills and transversal skills (flexibility, entrepreneurial sense and initiative, goal-oriented thinking, planning, teamwork).
Project is co-financed by the European Union, Erasmus+ Programm